The Roosta Popper 45 is designed to be used for straight retrieve popping and blooping. The low splash, high bubble retrieve is useful for fish that are shy of large splashes. The Roosta Popper 45 is an ideal size for bream, mangrove jack, and bass. It is a finesse style popper designed for use in tropical to temperate estuary fishing styles, but is also successful fishing flats and sheltered reef..
The popper floats at rest but is rear weighted for long accurate casting. When retrieved, the action can be changed by the level of the rod tip. Keeping the tip close to the water creates a massive bubble stream as the lure tracks through the water with a slight wiggling action. This can be particularly useful in rough surface conditions where the lure needs to be kept in the water to minimize cart wheeling.
When casting poppers always allow a few seconds after the lures has hit the water before you commence your retrieve. This allows the lure to find its correct buoyancy and resting position in the water prior to retrieving. Commencing the retrieve the moment the lure hits the water often finds the lure not behaving correctly for the first couple of metres. Often this is the critical strike zone.
- Halco Roosta is on the cutting edge of modern popper design
- Spectacular surface lure
- Size 45mm/1.7inches
- 4 gm in weight
- Head design which is wide at the top transfers to a widened tail end
- Unique design creates a popper that is ideal for a straight fast retrieve or a stop and start bloop with exceptional splash
- Design minimises cartwheeling and the rattle ensures significant noise coupled with the water spraying action
- Made in Indonesia
- Available in different colors